Thursday, February 14, 2013

Biology in my backyard!!!

Is Biology really in my backyard?

Of course it is...

I have a plethora of biology. The reason that there biology in my backyard is because many things live there and by definition biology is the study of living things.

bi·ol·o·gy  

/bīˈäləjē/
Noun
  1. The study of living organisms, divided into many specialized fields.
  2. The plants and animals of a particular area.

In my backyard I have several species of plants, insects and animals. I moved to the house in the winter so I haven't had a great chance to examine it closely but as we go through the semester and spring I will explore and enlighten you with the results of my findings :)

I am kind of a nerd and got a cool camera a few years ago (Nikon D5000) and haven't really invested the time to really learn how to use it, but with the BLIZZARD of 13 I thought is was a good time to make a time lapse video. So here is my back yard from 12pm-5pm on 2/8/13.



4 comments:

  1. Very cool! There is indeed always biology to be found. I will look forward to what lifeforms you can detect and identify out there as we move through the coming weeks. You'll have to see what direction your observations and thus your blog take as we proceed into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the video, you never know whats in your backyard looking forward to see what you findings are gonna be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is pretty neat! Spring will hold some surprises when the weather thaws and things start growing. I am sure you can put that fancy new camera to use and get some great nature shots of your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I'm lucky if I can find the camera button on my phone or even turn on a camera! Cool time lapse video, it brought me right back to the day after of digging my car out. Ahhh the winter. Looking forward for more pictures from your backyard and cool camera brand with a high number following it.

    ReplyDelete