Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Another Week Another Snow Storm

Well since I started this blog it has snowed almost every weekend to some extent. Even this morning as I ventured out there was a little snow from last night and a good frost on everything.



This I am not happy about and neither are others, they even indicted Puxatawny Phil for fraud, due to him predicting in an early spring. Yet the closer I look the more spring I see everyday.

We are technically in spring because we have passed the Vernal Equinox on March 20th. This means that the days are longer than the nights and the earth is starting tilt towards the sun (for the northern hemisphere). I took a look at a plant (I am not sure what it is since I just moved in the house and have not seen the blooms) but I can see many buds being protected by their sepals.



I looked up to see what the plant could be, so I started my normal Google search and found this site which seems like a cool resource. The app to identify trees leafsnap it is able to identify trees by pictures of it leaves, I am going to try it as soon as my trees have some leaves. Also I found http://plants.usda.gov/characteristics.html, but I am terrible at this identification game.

Any help?

Here are some other pics. and thanks for the help!!!!








2 comments:

  1. Dont know either. I tried looking at a bunch of sites but no luck. I am just happy plants are coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Looks like potentially an azalea.

    ReplyDelete